Position: Part-time, contracted on a per-project basis. Able to be flexible with time.
Location: NJ/NY Area and national tour
Position Available: Hiring now!
Salary Range: $250/day – $500/day depending on scope of work
Please sent your resume to Executive Director Anita Thomas.
- At minimum, a BA/BS in Dance, Theatre, or related field with experience in Stage Management, Production, and/or Lighting.
- QLab Proficiency
- ETC Systems Proficiency
- Valid driver’s license (car availability preferred but not necessary). Must be able to drive cargo vans and small trucks
- Strong live performance knowledge base
- Ability to take initiative, mutlitask, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment
- Dance or Theatre company experience is highly preferred, with a minimum of two years’ experience in the arts field.
- Ability to life up to 50lbs – props, dance floors, boxes, and items for stage and Front of House
Carolyn Dorfman Dance is seeking a Production Stage Manager/Lighting Director. The Production Stage Manager will be responsible for organizing and overseeing all performances, including but not limited to festivals, educational performances, and touring work of the dance company.
The Production Stage Manager/Lighting Director reports directly to Artistic and Associate Directors, but is supervised by the Company Manager. Hours will be needs-based and centered around Carolyn Dorfman Dance projects. The ability to both replicate lighting design in a variety of venues and stage manage productions is highly desired.
- Run light, sound, and projection cues for performances
- Functional competencies in the use and operation of production lighting, sound, and projection equipment
- Manage production elements for all technical rehearsals
- Serve as a liaison between company and presenting venues
- Coordinate with company leadership, dancers, designers, and presenting venue staff about load-in, technical rehearsals, performances, and load-outs
- Work with presenting venue house staff to ensure smooth productions
- Collaborate with Artistic and Company Management for rehearsal, tech, and performance adjustments
- Communicate technical needs to external staff
- Manage the installation and maintenance of marley floor and props
- Assist Artistic Director and Rehearsal Director as needed
- Ensure a safe and secure performance environment
- Advance all production components with Technical Director and/or Production Mangaer of presenting venues, including creation of lighting and production plots, production paperwork, technical schedules and crew calls
Please send your resume to Executive Director Anita Thomas.
Carolyn Dorfman Dance is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the performing arts field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.